Apoio para participação em fórum político de alto nível na ONU em NY em julho
2017 High-level political forum (HLPF) on sustainable development, convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council
Deadline for register for HLPF is 11 June 2017
The deadline to apply for UN funding is 22 May 2017.
The registration process for the HLPF is now open. The meeting will be held from Monday, 10 July, to Wednesday, 19 July 2017. The theme will be “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world”.
For more information on the forum, including the 44 countries that will be making their voluntary national presentations, please see the following website: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/hlpf
UN REGISTRATION LINK: bit.ly/HLPF2017
Opportunity to Apply to receive UN funds to participate at the HLPF
We would like to share with you a call issued by the UN to nominate participants to attend the HLPF. The selected colleagues will receive funding to support airplane tickets, two days of daily subsistence allowances and terminal expenses during the HLPF.
Prior to applying please read carefully the UN requirements. Requirements defined by the UN for nomination for funded participation in the 2017 HLPF are the following (please follow our instructions after each bullet point):
- Nominee must be accredited and registered to attend the 2017 HLPF (http://bit.ly/HLPF2017) [Instruction: Please indicate yes for accredited and if selected, we will ensure you are registered]
- Nominee must possess a valid passport, be based and directly engaging on processes related to the voluntary national review of one of the 31 developing countries presenting this year: [Instructions: you can only apply for UN funding if you are a citizen or resident of one to the following countries.]
Afghanistan, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Tajikistan, Thailand, Togo, Uruguay, Zimbabwe
- Nominee must demonstrate her/his active role in processes related to the participation of stakeholders in the implementation and follow up of the 2030 Agenda
- Nominee must be able to make all necessary visa arrangements (including transit visa, where applicable) to enter the United States [Instructions: in case you are selected, you will receive an invitation letter from the UN, but you are responsible for arranging your own visa and transit visa.]
- Nominee must commit to engage in preparatory work and to follow all the tasks as established in the ToR for this funding:
Agree to undertake consultations at the national level prior to the HLPF;
Agree to actively participate in the HLPF preparatory work of major groups and other stakeholders, especially on actions related to the engagement with VNR (voluntary national reviews) countries
Commit to report back to stakeholders at national level after the HLPF
- Selection will seek a balanced representation based on gender, region, age and constituencies
In order to apply for UN funds, please complete the link below, or the attached accessible Word document and send it to Isabela Cunha at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to UN funds application: http://bit.ly/2qoXKrz
The deadline to apply is 22 May 2017. (final decisions will be available no later than the first week of June)