Intercâmbio nos EUA para profissionais de educação inclusiva
O programa tem o objetivo de fortalecer o acesso à educação para pessoas com deficiência ao redor do mundo. Os candidatos devem falar inglês. Inscrições até 23/12/2016.
The Americans with Disabilities (ADA) Fellowship is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ Professional Fellows Division.
It supports 20 mid-career professionals from Brazil, Kenya, Peru, and Tanzania, selected through a competitive process, to participate in a five-week intensive fellowship program (April 26 – June 3, 2017 or October 11 – November 18, 2017) at a university-based research and education center for disabilities in the U.S.
The program is focused on inclusive education to strengthen education access for people with disabilities globally. Fellow application deadline is December 23, 2016, and host application deadline is January 16, 2017.
In order to apply to this program as a Fellow (eligibility criteria), you must …
- Be between the ages of 25 and 45;
- Be currently living and working in Brazil, Peru, Kenya or Tanzania;
- Be eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 visa
- Be proficient in spoken and written English;
- Speaking proficiency means that you are able to participate effectively in most formal and informal conversations on practical, social, and professional topics.
- Reading proficiency means you are able to read standard newspaper items, routine correspondence, reports, and technical materials in your special field.
- Have at least two (2) or more years of relevant work experience with or for non-governmental organizations (NGOs), government offices, universities, schools or community-based organizations;
- Have Professional interest and/or experience in inclusive education and disabilities;
- Be self-directed and able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting;
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills;
- Be able to participate in the ADA International Fellowship Program in the US either in the spring (April 26th – June 3rd, 2017) or in the fall (October 11th – November 18th, 2017);
- Be committed to returning to your home country for a period of two (2) years after completion of the program (from December 2016 until December 2018); and
- Be committed to implementing an individual project that will benefit young people with disabilities and promote greater inclusive education in your region, country, or community following completion of the program.
Individuals from diverse backgrounds, including people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations, including materials in alternative formats (e.g. Braille, electronic, large print), are provided upon request.
Faça sua inscrição:
ADA International Fellowship Program
Considerando que este curso é focado na inclusão, não é muito estranho o paradoxo de excluir quem tem mais de 45 anos?